Users can choose according to the abilities of their phones to use accelerometer or the gyroscope. Tilting the phone left or right in Accelerometer mode allows the user to drop a pencil around the screen towards gravity. In Gyroscope mode, on the other hand, rotation of device slides a piece of paper about the pencil. iPhone 4 offers three-axis gyroscope measuring angular velocity and built-in accelerometer, giving six-axis motion sensing.
Gyro Draw users can pick between seven types of background paper—printer, graph, legal, and more—and toggle between 16 different pencil colors. The app also offers options to adjust the thickness and the speed at which you draw.
* Motion sketch with the accelerometer or gyroscope
* An assortment of pencil colors and paper styles
* Save sketches to your photo library
* Retina display-compatible
* Allows accelerometer drawing on devices without a gyroscope
* iPhone, iPod touch, and iPad
* Requires iPhone OS 3.0 or later
* 5.7 MB
Pricing and Availability:
Gyro Draw 1.0 is available now and is free for a limited time. The app is available exclusively through the App Store in the Entertainment and Education categories.