Announcing that, the updated version of popular DMX calculator has just been released by Michael S. Swan. With new DMXRef 1.2 for iPhone, iPad and iPod touch, users are able to do all the things they need faster. You can switch back to the app when needed and pick up right where you left off as the app was re-built to take advantage of multitasking in iOS 4.0.
DMXRef 1.2 is comfortable for entertainment electricians as well as it makes available for your iPhone to handle all the DMX calculations so you can move on to all the other things you need to do quickly.
DMXRef 1.2 features:
* A separate tab for each of it's major functions to keep interface clutter to a minimum
* Use the DIP switch tab is used to figure out how to set the DIP switches for any DMX address
* Determine the DMX address for a given combination of DIP switches
* Use the auto addresser tab when you have several fixtures of the same type
* You just need to enter the start address, number of fixtures, and the footprint (number of channels each fixture uses). DMXRef 1.2 will then determine what the start address for each fixture needs to be
* If more than one universe of 512 channels is needed then DMXRef 1.2 will let you know
* Unlike other similar apps DMXRef 1.2 determines all the addresses at once instead of making you push a button for each fixture (this gets old quick if you have a large number fixtures of a given kind, perhaps 50 LED fixtures)
* The universal converter tab is invaluable if you have an older console that still requires you to enter addresses in the form of 513 (global address) rather than the much easier for of 2/1 (local address)
* Converts both directions between global addresses and by local addresses
* DMXRef 1.2 is the first app for iOS that can handle ETC Dimmer Doublers that allow you to effectively double the number of dimmers you have
* Very useful if you are using a console that doesn't understand how they work
* Just enter the Dimmer number and DMXRef 1.2 will let you know the address for the 'B' side of the dimmer
* iPhone, iPod touch, and iPad
* Requires iOS 3.1 or later (iOS 4.0 Tested)
* iOS 4.0 is required for multi-tasking
* 0.7 MB
Pricing and Availability:
DMXRef 1.2 is $4.99 USD and available worldwide exclusively through the App Store in the Utilities category. It is a free upgrade for all current users.