Promptly after the iOS 5.1.1 release bringing multiple improvements, the hackers seem not to be wasting their time, offering that the jailbreak of the older devices running on the latest Apple mobile OS is quite possible using last month’s Redsn0w!
The fact is confirmed by multiple trusted sources, claiming that current latest version of Redsn0w jailbreaking tool can be used to jailbreak Apple’s latest iOS offering tethered on A4 powered devices such as iPhone 4, iPad 1, iPod touch 4G and below! However, you’ll be allowed to have regular access to all of the benefits of a liberated iOS Device. So follow the steps provided below carefully and make use of the video tutorial to jailbreak your A4 iDevice running on iOS 5.1.1:
[Before you get started, please note that this is a tethered iOS 5.1.1 jailbreak. Once RedSn0w is updated for iOS 5.1.1 you will no longer have to perform step 3.]
2. Connect your iDevice to your PC, select DFU mode, and run RedSn0w you’ve downloaded in step 1.
3. Navigate to Extras > Select IPSW and select iOS 5.1 firmware for your device
4. Once the iOS 5.1 is properly identified by RedSn0w, go back to the RedSn0w homepage and pick Jailbreak.
5. When you’re asked to install Cydia, click Next.
6. Once Cydia is installed, your iDevice will reboot, so you need to place your iDevice back again into the DFU mode.
7. Go back to the Extras page and click Just Boot to perform a tethered boot via RedSn0w.
Once rebooted successfully, a usable Cydia icon will appear on your Home screen! It’s that easy!