Since the initial release of its iPhone app in 2009, NASA has rolled out the first major redesign, promising to explore the universe in the palm of your hand for FREE! Along with the completely new interface, the updated NASA app now features a new image browser and has the ability to favorite items and bookmark images. News and feature stories section, Featured content section and a Programs section has been added, with the weather forecast included in sighting opportunities.
Filtering sections is made easier with adding "Feeds" button, allowing you to get info on selected feed with a long press feature. The NASA App 2.0 supports printing as well. On top of what’s been already discussed, here is the incomplete list of the updated NASA App features:
• Current NASA mission information;
• Over 155,000 images (and growing everyday);
• Latest news & feature stories;
• On demand NASA Videos from around the agency;
• Live streaming of the NASA TV;
• Third Rock internet streaming radio;
• Launch information & countdown clocks;
• ISS and Earth orbiting satellite trackers;
• Latest tweets from around the agency;
• Facebook Connect and Integrated Twitter client for easy sharing;
The NASA App 2.0 is available in Apple App Store for free and requires iPhone or iPod touch with iOS 5 or later and a Wi-Fi or a cellular network connection to be functional.