The app allowing you to keep up with friends is faster than ever – Facebook for iOS has been recently hit by a significant update, taking it up to the latest current version of 5.1. The core features, including:
• Ability to see what friends are up to;
• Share updates, photos and videos;
• Get notified when friends like and comment on your posts;
• Text, chat and have group conversations and
• Play games and use your favorite apps - have now been augmented with the following options:
• Swipe left anywhere in the app to quickly see who's available and send a message
• Add friends you message most to the top of your Favorites
• Share multiple photos fast
• Give real gifts to your friends using Facebook Gifts (US-only)
• When sending messages, see who's active so you and your friends know how soon to expect a reply
• To sort your feed, tap the button next to News Feed in the left sidebar.
However, the update is not as smooth for everyone as you may think, regardless the great features it brings. Some Facebook users are wishing they wouldn't have updated at all, as number of them complains to become unable to log in at all or the "Recent Updates" section of the update was blank after the update. While some struggling users have fixed the problem simply by uninstalling and re-installing the app, some still have trouble with it. Have you updated Facebook for iOS to version 5.1? Do you experience the same issues? Do not hesitate to share in the comments below.